Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dating in Marriage


Italian Dinner Date

Last night my husband and I went out on a dinner date. This is nothing new to our relationship. We have been going on dates since we moved from the friendship stage to the relationship stage, but something got my mind going last night. Dates within marriage are important to me. We don't have any kids yet so that makes date night a lot easier and I am sure a lot more often for the time being. Knowing my husband, date night will not end once we have kids, but I am guessing it might slow down.

I fall in love with my husband more and more everyday. It is the small things like "date night" that move my heart. He is a man of faith and values. He puts our relationship at the forefront as do I in return. I always think of this verse:

"Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of the fleeting life that is granted to you under the sun. This is your lot in life, for the toil of your labors under the sun" -Ecclesiastes 9:9

What a beautiful way to be able to continue to celebrate our marriage covenant we entered on our wedding day. These dates also allow us to have really great conversations about everything going on which feeds the ever so important communication part of marriage. I look forward to the many dates we still have yet to share as our life long union continues.