Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weddings are Beautiful Happenings

My husband & I recently attended our first weddings of the summer. We have a lot of weddings this summer, which I think everyone goes through that period of time when it seems weddings are every weekend of the summer, it still seems like a lot to us!!

As we watched each couple exchange vows I thought back to our own wedding. I thought back on how
Cake from one of the Weddings
much preparation goes into the day, how many decisions have to be made beforehand, how many people you want to be a part of your special day, how fast it seems to go, but most importantly I thought back on everything that had lead me to be sitting next to the man that I am today.

The man I am sitting next to was the man that I was called to be with for the rest of my life. When you are able to experience that kind of love, there is something that you can't explain about the amount of joy you receive. As I watched these couples I hope so deeply in my heart that they will be able to experience the joy that my husband and I have through marriage. If marriage is your calling, it is so beautiful to be able to have that kind of love with your best friend, your spouse. You share so deeply in everything, in spiritual, in physical, in current, in future, in ups, in downs....everything.

Table Centerpieces at one of the weddings
Although I have only been married for a year and a half, I recommend reminding yourself how lucky we are to be able to share everything with that one special person. Remembering to tell each other how much each of you means to the other, remembering to compliment the other in their accomplishments and support them in their talents, remembering to love at all times as you move further into the marriage and to tell them of the great love you have for them!

Prayers to all of the newlyweds we know and to those preparing to be newlyweds soon!!